Monday, November 16, 2009

Paper dolls enter the world of fashion


I'm very pleased to have been invited to be a featured speaker at the forthcoming "Heirloom" Conference to be held in New York City, December 4th and 5th.  Along with paper doll artist David Wolfe and vintage fashion expert Scott Jorgenson we will discuss "The Allure of Fashion Past."  David will talk about the growing importance and awareness of nostalgia in fashion.  Scott will discuss his 800-piece clothing collection and how he accumulated such a trove of fashion treasures.  And in my presentation I will reveal how my publishing company is reviving the interest in fashion and celebrity paper doll books.

This seminar is just one of many scheduled to take place during the annual two day conference organized by Initiatives in Art and Culture.  The conference, 11th in the yearly series, will also include lectures and presentations by experts and authorities on various heirloom subjects including pearls, watches, jewelry and textiles.  Several evening events are also planned.

The Heirloom Conference is open to the public and a very special discounted fee has been arranged. Please visit the website for more information and contact me directly for information about the special discount offer. It will be a fascinating conference for anyone interested in fashion and nostalgia.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I enjoyed looking at your websie and your blog. The world of paperdolls has found perfect spokesperson in you. I'm looking for similar blogs that would help me in my business. I create a doll that is the same concept as a paper doll, but she is made of wood and her clothing is fabric. I have sold quite a few but would like to reach a larger market on line. Do you have any ideas to share with me? My website is Little Wooden Doll.com; from there you can see my "baby" blog, which was newly created. Thanks for your help - I have always loved paper dolls. Only wish I still had the ones from long ago.